Re: Ordering windows on the desktop

try without this line:
$childwindow->set_type_hint('GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DOCK');

That helps. This must be one of those win32 window manager quirks.

I do have another related question. I do not want the childwindow to
be seen on the taskbar. I set the following.

$childwindow->set_skip_taskbar_hint(TRUE);
$childwindow->set_skip_pager_hint(TRUE);

But it still can be seen in the alt-tab list for switching windows. Is
there any way I can get rid of it from that list too.

I cannot use window type of 'popup' due to a lot of other reasons.
(Grabbing focus etc).

Regards,

_Ofey.