Re: Ordering windows on the desktop

On Sep 14, 2005, at 2:30 PM, ofey aikon wrote:

I do have another related question. I do not want the childwindow to
be seen on the taskbar. I set the following.

But it still can be seen in the alt-tab list for switching windows. Is
there any way I can get rid of it from that list too.

Buggy window manager? The taskbar hint really is just a hint; it relies on the window manager paying attention to conventions.

I cannot use window type of 'popup' due to a lot of other reasons.
(Grabbing focus etc).

I think what you want is

  # BEFORE the window is realized or shown
  $window->set_type_hint ('dialog');

or just use Gtk2::Dialog.

Brian: If i recall correctly, this is the physics department.
Chris: That explains all that gravity.
    -- Family Guy, "The Story on Page One"