Re: gtk2-perl tutorial ?

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 09:25 +0200, Dirk van der Walt wrote:
Hi Rob,

I was wondering if you'd like to be a guinea pig for a
document I'm still working on. It is much in the line of a
tutorial, but I'm calling it a “study guide”.

I need someone who is new to Perl-Gtk2, but not new to
Perl, to use it, and give me feedback.
Sounds like I'm the perfect guinea-pig. If you can email me a copy I'll
give it a workout and report back. Maybe after its polished up you can
upload it to the gtk-perl website. What I found a little discouraging
about the tutorial there is that it is based on the C Ggtk tut, and
states it assumes that I am smart enough to easily translate the c to
perl bindings details in my head. The main reason I'm going for perl is
speed to prototype, and I feel this mental gymnastics will slow that
down.
many thanks
Rod in Sydney Oz

I was trying to clarify things to myself, and eventually
thought it would be good to have everything in one place.
It is not yet finished and definitely contains technical
errors, thats why it is not available to the public.

There are nice new features available in the later versions
of Gtk+ which I try to cover .

Its in html format (generated from docbook).

Please let me know if you may be interested in a copy. (
its a 2.4M  tarball).

Regards