Re: Placement of popup ( CellRendererDate from examples )

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 12:01:53 +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
Elijah Newren wrote:
On 9/5/05, Daniel Kasak <dkasak nusconsulting com au> wrote:
Elijah Newren wrote:
I don't think this is a WM bug. The WM ( in this case,
Enlightenment-0.17 ) is doing exactly what the code says - aligning the
top-right of the popup with the bottom-right of the cell. The problem is
in the logic of the positioning of the popup. I'm almost done on a
solution.

Ooops, I missed the part where you were manually positioning it.
Yeah, that's a tough call on whether the WM should follow that or
force the window onscreen, so it's not clear which is right.

I disagree that it's a tough call. If an app requests to be drawn at a
particular position, then the only valid action on the part of the WM is
to do just that. Consider an app that starts off-screen and scrolls
onscreen. Maybe this is a tacky example, but it's perfectly valid. No,
actually, here's a not-so-tacky example - an OS-X like starter bar :)

Isn't popoup an OverrideRedirect window?

If it is, than window manager just can't do anything about it, because it
simply does not know about it.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>