Re: Strange bug while subclassing Gtk2::Box

Jaap Karssenberg wrote  on 10/31/2005 02:04 PM:
muppet wrote  on 10/30/2005 11:06 PM:
I instrumented your code with some calls to Glib::Object::signal_add_emission_hook() (from Glib 1.10x), ran the code in both sandboxes, and compared the output. For some reason, the older gtk+ (which doesn't show the buttons) does not propagate expose events to the HBox's children, but gtk+ 2.8 does.

I tried calling Gtk2::Container::propagate_expose() on the expose_event for my box class but that didn't help. I'll try more of these kind of things at random :(

Ok, the problem is not that propagate_expose doesn't work, the problem is that my box object doesn't get expose events in the first place. I tried adding "expose_mask" for my box object but that didn't help. Any other suggestions on what should be turned on/off in order to get expose events ?

-- Jaap <pardus cpan org>