Re: Strange bug while subclassing Gtk2::Box

Jaap Karssenberg wrote:

Hi,

For zim I'm working on a Gtk2::Ex::PathBar class to implement a path
bar that looks like the one that is found in the gtk filechooser. Now
I have a strange bug. My implementation works perfectly fine on my own
system which runs archlinux. But I now get bug reports from people
with gentoo and slackware systems that my widget doesn't render
properly. I tried comparing the versions for both gtk+ and gtk2-perl
running on those systems, as well as compile time options but I didn't
find anything except for the fact that it works on one distro but not
on the other.

The problem is this: my widget is a subclass of Gtk2::Box which
implements size_request and size_allocate. Now on some systems it
justs works, on other systems it doesn't. When it doesn't the buttons
are allocated but they don't show up in the widget. But they are
there, they are clickable - they just don't show.

The code below reproduces the problem. If you do see the buttons that
means you have one of the systems where it just works, if you see an
empty space try clicking it, you should see output from the buttons
being clicked in your terminal.

I'm running Debian, libgtk2-perl version 1.081, gtk version 2.6.10 and I
don't see the buttons, but indeed they're clickable. I'm using the
default gtk theme.

As for the cause, I'm sorry, but I can't help.

--
I would gladly raise my voice in praise of women, only they won't let me
raise my voice.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin bol com br
http://move.to/hpkb