Re: Strange bug while subclassing Gtk2::Box

Jaap Karssenberg said:
Yes, I checked gtkhbox.c already. (I also looked at the gtkpathbar.c
which is used for the filechooser widget for some hard coded details
like the size of the slider buttons :S ). The thing is, there is nothing
there; they just calculate the size that needs to be allocated to each
button and then call size_allocate() on the buttons. I diff'ed gtkhbox.c
from version 2.4.14 to 2.8.6 but there are practically no difference.
Parent classes gtkcontainer and gtkbox show some differences, but mainly
typos, nothing significant.

There are some differences in GtkWidget in gtk_widget_add_events() and others,
but i didn't see anything terribly relevant.

I tried calling Gtk2::Container::propagate_expose() on the expose_event
for my box class but that didn't help. I'll try more of these kind of
things at random :(

Yes, it sucks.  And you have a poser here...  I asked about it in #gtk+ and
got the same incredulous response i initially had myself.  ;-)  I ported the
sample to C and verified that your code behaves the same in C as in Perl, so
it's not a binding bug --- there's just something not right in how the code is
behaving.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>