Re: L10n in Gtk2-perl with Locale::Maketext::Lexicon

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 17:28:19 +0100, Gavin Brown wrote:
Actually, I am using Locale::Maketext::Lexicon::Gettext , so I am
able to use the same .mo files that are generated by the GNU gettext
system. So what does it matter whether I read these files with
Locale::Gettext or with Locale::Maketext::Lexicon::Gettext ?

Probably not, as long as it uses the gettext C library - if it uses
native Perl code to read the .mo files, then the appropriate state
information probably won't be picked up inside libglade itself.

And IIRC that's the difference between those libraries. Locale::Gettext
is binding for Gettext, but Locale::Maketext::Lexicon::Gettext is a perl
implementation. However, I believe you can use
Locale::Maketext::Lexicon::Gettext in your code, but you must set up
gettext with Locale::Gettext so Glade (the strings in .glade file) and
Gtk (eg. stock icons) translate correctly.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>