Re: Glade Perl codegen

Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
I've written a simple Perl program similar to the "infamous" Gnome
Hello, in order to show some of the autotools-fu required to correctly
handle the installation of a self-contained Perl application - complete
with requirement checking, a library, glade generated UI and
localization - using the usual configure-make-makeinstall cycle.

It still could use some polishing (namely: a man page, some
documentation and an icon), though, but it's basically finished:

http://www.emmanuelebassi.net/linux/perl/gnome-hello-perl-0.3.tar.gz

Regards,
 Emmanuele.

I am quite new to programming and I have never released an app before. I might like to use gnome-hello-perl as a starting point. There's one general question I'm wondering: What's the standard way to test your app when writing the code, since the final product should have those @...@ path variables and doesn't run uncompiled. Should I just use absolute pathnames while writing the code and manually edit before making a releasable package?

Osmo Salomaa