GtkGlExt woes

I'm having the following problem. I have a Notebook widget, and I want to display DrawingArea widgets on multiple tabs of the Notebook. The DrawingArea widgets are GL-enabled. When I switch tabs, none of my textures appear on the DrawingArea I've just switched to. If I go back to the FIRST tab displayed, THAT DrawingArea works fine.

I'd use the "share_list" feature if I could, but I can't, because that seems to require the GL-enabled widget to already be realized, but all these widgets are being made at the same time and I can't seem to get them to realize soon enough.

I've also tried just having ONE DrawingArea, and changing its parent each time the tab is changed, but that resulted in no textures showing up after I changed tabs. It appears the widget gets a new gl_context and even sometimes a new gl_drawable.

If this can't be resolved, I'm probably going to try having a pop-up window that displays the OpenGL rendering, but that's really irritating.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan         %  How can we ever be the sold short or
RPI Acacia Brother #734     %  the cheated, we who for every service