Re: Bug: Number of open GtkAboutDialogs not restricted to one?

Arjan Opmeer said:
It seems that the Perl binding of the new Gtk 2.6 GtkAboutDialog does not
restrict the number of open dialogs to one.

Well, gtk+'s behavior is a little more subtle than that.  You can create as
many GtkAboutDialog instances as you like.  gtk_show_about_dialog() will
create only one instance per parent window (it attaches the about dialog to
the parent and checks for it next time), and uses a static stack variable to
limit the number of global instances (no parent).  This behavior is duplicated
in the bindings, but since the static static stack variable can't be accessed
by anyone outside of that function, it is possible to have two of those.

However...

Now compare this with the attached version of tryme.pl. Every time you click
the button a new dialog window is created and opened.

I believe this is a bug that should be fixed somewhere in the Perl bindings.

Yeah, that's a bug.  A stupid one at that.  And mine, too.  I forgot to add
the code that, after discovering that we need to create a new instance and
creating it, stores the instance handle so we don't do it again.  :-(

Let me know if the attached patch works for you.  Should be fixed in HEAD and
in the next stable once i get home this evening and sort out my sandboxes.

Thanks for the bug report.  :-)

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>