Re: widget for directory view

On 7/24/05, Gábor Szabó <szabgab gmail com> wrote:
Now my main question is how do I code it if I cannot read the whole
directory tree into memory at once.
I'd like to have expanding mark [+] or whatever I get on every directory
that has subdirectories. So when I show the first directory list I need to read
the next level as well but I cannot read more. (it might be very deep
and reading
each directory takes a long time, it is over the net)

the tree. Is there an example of such code ?

Take a look at these two threads.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2005-June/msg00088.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2005-July/msg00008.html

They are similar what you are looking for.

Regards,

Ofey.