Re: Mixed pixbuf and text

On 7/1/05, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis gmx de> wrote:
It was the "I don't know if I could do this with
Gtk->main_iteration" that set me off. The original poster said he
was adding rows to the tree as they came in, and I read this to
mean that the individual rows come in quickly, it just takes a
while for the entire scan to finish, in which case yes, manually
polling the event queue every once in a while is enough to keep
the program perfectly responsive.

My application is like you mentioned above. In any case, data is
communication is thru a socketpair, so I should always use a
Gtk2::Helper function to read incoming lines. I could avoid forking
the extraction subroutine and use main_iteration after each reading?