Re: /examples/thread_usage.pl

ofey aikon said:
I found some more time to tinker with threads...

I started playing with the /examples/thread_usage.pl in cvs. Works fine on
linux but not quite on win32. I had to patch it as following to make it work
on win32.

Can some one tell me the story behind this ?

C:\GNU\GTK-Perl-Source\Gtk2-1.061\examples>diff thread_usage.pl
thread_usage.orig.pl
15d14
< Gtk2::Gdk::Threads->enter;

No idea why you'd need it on windows, but it causes the main window never to
show up on linux.  This makes sense, because enter and leave are supposed to
be used by the worker threads, not the main thread.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>