Re: GladeXML doc patch

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 08:03 -0400, muppet wrote:
On Apr 14, 2005, at 5:30 AM, Grant McLean wrote:

I notice the signal_autoconnect_from_package helper method in
GladeXML.pm is not fully documented.  Specifically, the fact it accepts
a package or and object.  I find the latter to be particularly useful
and in fact advocate it as 'the one true way' :-)

but there's more than one way to do it!  does that mean there's more
than one true way?

a interesting implication of "subroutine with fully-qualified package
name" versus "method name lookup starting in package of supplied
object" is that you can inherit handlers when using an object.
(warning, untested -- just going be reading the code.)

Indeed, I have found the ability to inherit handlers to be quite useful.
But having full access to application state via $self is the real win.
I had my own little helper routine to traverse the GladeXML widget tree
and hook up handlers as object method calls.  I found it so useful I
thought I'd contribute it as a patch to GladeXML.pm.  When Il ooked into
it, I found it was already there as undocumented behaviour - hence the
doc patch.

Cheers
Grant