Re: Namespace request

Ross McFarland wrote:

Florian Ragwitz said:
Hello list,

I recently wrote some perl [0]bindings for [1]libphat. They already work
quite well, but I'm still not sure which namespace to use. I currently
would prefer Gtk2::Phat to keep XS stuff in Gtk2:: and outside of
Gtk2::Ex::, which I think of as a place for Gtk related modules written
in perl.

What's your oppinion about that?

The Ex Name spaces are for non-bindings: add on widgets, conveience/helper
stuff, etc. As your stuff is binding an external library it shouldn't go in
the Ex namespace. The names of the widgets themselves would suggest Phat::*,
but it's not a good idea to make a new top-level pkg for such a small library,
so Gtk2::Phat is probably the way to go.

Wasn't the XS not the decisive thing? For example I'm developing stuff which contains XS code and links to C but plan to (real soon now) release it in the namespace Gtk2::Ex::Geo::* (as was discussed here before). Are you suggesting Gtk2::Phat since libphat is a collection of _GTK widgets_ written in C? (I read this from http://flosspick.org/package/full/libphat0, I'm not familiar with libphat otherwise). Or am I just missing something?

Ari