Re: Stealing a good idea from Gtk#

Hi,

* Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de>:

have you ever seen the cool syntax the Gtk# people use for connecting
signals?  No?  Well, I have -- and I was jealous.  It looks like this:

  editable.Toggled += new EventHandler (OnEditableToggled);

The overloading of the plus sign as a method for adding signal
marshallers is one of the things that I personally hate of C# (I know
it's used in other parts of .Net, and Gtk# people just adapted their
bindings to this common behaviour). I think it's indeed one of the
reason why I personally hate the operator overloading concept: a signal
is a signal, an object is an object; do you add apples and oranges?
What is the semantics of adding a marshaller to an object?

Nevertheless, just for suggesting a name: Gtk2::Sharpify. :-)

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi (Zefram)                 [ http://www.emmanuelebassi.net ]
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 4DD0 C90D 4070 F071 5738  08BD 8ECC DB8F A432 0FF4