Re: GTKCombo: autocomplete?

David lacravate wrote:

Hi ,

En ce jour du Thu, 20 May 2004 10:58:04 +1000,
Daniel Kasak <dkasak nusconsulting com au> parlait ainsi :
I'm ready to take on auto-completion again.
I've read the above page on GtkEntryCompletion.
What I understand ( and I know I'm mixing Perl and C stuff here ):

my $gtkcompletion = gtk_entry_completion_new ()
creates a new gtkcompletion object

my $gtkentry = $window->get_widget('my_entry');
gets hold of my gtkentry widget
Sorry too wake up an old thread again , but what is this method ?
'get_widget' ?

Nowhere can i find a documentation for it . Is it home made ?
It's related to Gtk2::GladeXML.
In the code above, $window is a Gtk2::GladeXML object, which ( from my understanding ) is the parent widget of the window Gtk2::Window object. The 'get_widget' method is used to create a handle for referring to objects in the window because I haven't created the objects in code - I've used Gtk2::GladeXML to render a glade xml file for me ( which is the only way to go IMHO ).
Beware of my terminology here ... I'm just figuring this stuff out myself.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer

The following links have been placed here by the NUS Consulting internal spam filter and are for use by NUS Consulting staff only.
Please ingore these links.
Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote