massrotate works!

OK, got it all working by regressing to gtk+ v2.2 and all its listed
dependencies.  Also needed to keep freetype 2.1.5, not 2.1.8 as that
wouldn't compile with xft 2.1.2.  Perhaps the order I've done the v2.4
was different, but I'd like to see a coherent guide on how to test
and assemble gtk2 step-by-step.  When doing make uninstall, found that
glib did not remove some libraries, gthread, and old versions symlinks
were found by pango, so had to go back and rm abd reconfigure/recomile
the next ones.  Now everything works though, and here's a script to do
massrotate with stock icons!

The error was gtk, not perl-specific, same error came out of pygtk.

--
Cheers,
Alexy Khrabrov :: www.setup.org :: Age Quod Agis