Suggestions for a report generator

Now that I have enough data entry forms, I have to deal with *one* printable report.
It's for management. It has to look decent.

My first idea was to use PHP or Perl to render the pages via a web server, and put some page breaks in with CSS. It's dodgy but it works and it's simple. The only issue I have with this is that it's "external" to the app, ie the user has to open Mozilla ( or I suppose I could trigger Mozilla and open to a CGI page or something ).

Is there a better solution? I've heard of GtkHtml, but I'm not sure exactly what this gives me, and how it would print. However I assume I can embed it in my app, which would be a bonus if it wasn't too much mucking around.

I'm also aware of some report generator packages around, but I'm really just trying to keep things simple - for the moment - so I can get what's been done on a desktop and tested, and maybe move onto a full-featured solution later.

Any ideas?

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer

The following links have been placed here by the NUS Consulting internal spam filter and are for use by NUS Consulting staff only.
Please ingore these links.
Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote