Namespace issues (was: [RFC] Gtk2::SizeRecall)

* Ross McFarland <rwmcfa1 neces com> [2004-05-17 15:06]:
we also need to watch namespace issues. while i don't think
there's danger of gtk+ adding something called SizeRecall we
probably ought to have a namespace dedicated for extra stuff to
ensure there won't be any such problems in the future.
thoughts?

It's a noble concern.

For some reason, as I thought about it, Gtk2Perl:: popped into
mind as a toplevel namespace. It's an awful name, aesthetically,
but I can't convince myself not to propose it, because it's so
utilitarian.

After all, the distinction to make would be: is this something
implemented on the Gtk2-Perl side of things, or is it part of
Gtk+ itself? And Gtk2Perl:: as a namespace would convey that
perfectly. Gtk2::Perl:: might be considered as well, but I think
it's a) less likely that people will put things in there and
b) even more ugly for no real gain.

It's an ugly duckling, I guess.

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."