Re: [RFC] Gtk2::SizeRecall - Persistently store and restore widget sizes

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 16:37, Jörn Reder wrote:

Attached you find the .pm file, with documentation included. If you
think this could be useful, I'll commit it to CVS. If you think,
something should be changed (name, implementation, whatever ;), please
feel free and send your comments.

While I do think this module is pretty useful, I don't think it should
be packaged with Gtk2.  Discussing this problem, we (Ross, muppet, me)
came to the conclusion that we should avoid including new add-on modules
that could just as well be separate packages.

In Gtk2, they're bound to the bi-annual release cycle -- which can be
pretty long if you just want to release an easy but important bugfix.

So, why not create a separate package and upload it to CPAN?

Bye,
-Torsten