Re: [Fwd: [Perlpanel-devel] Glib errors]

On Tuesday, March 2, 2004, at 03:32 AM, Gavin Brown wrote:

muppet - you're a Mac weenie, aren't you? :p

yes, but i haven't yet shelled out the cash for panther -- my powerbook still runs 10.2, so i'm afraid i'm not going to be much help... but i'll try.

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Alf Eaton <***>
I've been trying to get PerlPanel working on OS X (10.3) to use in combination with Openbox and Apple's X11. Everything seems to be installed okay now, except the XMMS perl module, but when I run perlpanel I'm getting errors as follows:

dyld: perl Undefined symbols:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/darwin-2level/auto/Glib/
Glib.bundle undefined reference to _PL_curpad expected to be defined in
a dynamic image
_PL_defgv
_PL_errgv
_PL_in_clean_objs
_PL_markstack_max
_PL_markstack_ptr
_PL_stack_base
_PL_stack_max
_PL_stack_sp
_PL_sv_no
_PL_sv_undef
_PL_sv_yes
_PL_tmps_floor
_PL_tmps_ix

those are all stuff that's supposed to be defined inside Perl itself --- perl's headers define macros that omit the PL_ prefix used by the actual symbols in the perl library and executable.

did the test suites for Gtk2 and Glib complain like this?

with up-to-date Perl modules from CPAN (I tried reinstalling the Glib
module, but it made no difference).

the modules on CPAN are the old stable version 1.02x, and are a bit out of date at that. the current, bleeding-edge, about-to-go-stable stuff is available from http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net --- nobody's tested them on darwin before. want to be the first? feel free to email me directly, and/or join #gtk-perl on irc.gnome.org .

--
"Quit hittin' yourself!  Quit hittin' yourself!"
   -- Elysse, playing with a newborn baby.