Date Values

I'm getting back to the idea of using Gtk2::TieScalar and Gtk2::TieArrayRef to tie fields on a form to an array, and use a helper object to load the array and handle updates.

We have a problem with date fields. People in Australia are expecting dates in the format dd-mm-yyyy, and everything else seems to be yyyy-mm-dd. To get around this, I have been using GtkCalendar, so they can click the date and not worry about manual input. But this won't work with a GtkCalendar, will it?

I've had a look at Gtk2::CellRendererDate in the examples directory ( which does a cool pop-down GtkCalendar ), but this only applies to cells in a TreeView, doesn't it? I want to have these laid out via glade on the form.

I can use MySQL's date_format() to format dates so they *look* familiar to people, but updating the database from data entered by people is a problem, unless my helper object somehow knows it's dealing with a date, and reverses the month / day fields.

What options do I have?

Dan

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer

The following links have been placed here by the NUS Consulting internal spam filter and are for use by NUS Consulting staff only.
Please ingore these links.
Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote