Re: Is Gtk2::Label clickable?

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:58, Vasya Leushin wrote:
muppet ?????:

to the original poster:  i second emmanuele's usability concern; why something
that looks like a label but acts like a toggle button?  how will the user know
it can be clicked?  are you trying to make flat toolbar buttons?

No, not toolbar buttons. It's gonna be a set of digits 1 to 100. I want them
to be flat cause 100 labels look much better than 100 buttons, IMHO.
Beside this, the software is pretty specific. I'll be the only user.

uhm, I may be wrong but couldn't you just set the relief style to 'none'
and achieve the same effect as click-able labels?

The following example seems to me to be the effect you're looking for
while maintaining the use of buttons over "click-sensitive labels"...

perl -MGtk2 -e '
Gtk2->init();
my $d = new Gtk2::Dialog ( "test", undef, [], "gtk-ok" => "none" );
my $b = new_with_label Gtk2::Button ( "100" );
$b->set_relief( "none" );
$d->vbox->pack_start( $b, 0, 0, 24 );
my $b2 = new_with_label Gtk2::Button ( "90" );
$b2->set_relief( "none" );
$d->vbox->pack_start( $b2, 0, 0, 24 );
$d->show_all();
$d->run();
'
--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.