Re: basic window with button

A.Shikoff said:
Hi,

I'm newbie in Perl/GTK, thus I can't find the solution of problem described
below.

How can I make the button to not change size while window resizing?

gtk+ uses dynamic layout which means that all of the widgets resize in some
manner that seems to make sense as the size of the app grows and shrinks. see
http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/intro/ for a description about layout and
gtk2-perl.

that being said there are ways to control these allocations, when packing
widgets there's the fill and expand parameters. at the far extreme there's
Gtk2::Layout which allows you to do a statically laid out app. if you
absolutely have to have things fixed it's the way to go, but i would sugesst
avoiding it without good reasons.

-rm