Re: Maybe Off-Topic: remote Perl Gtk2 via ssh

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 04:19, Daniel Kasak wrote:
The program 'test.pl' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 61 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)

Is there any reason why I shouldn't be able to forward Perl Gtk2 apps
via ssh? It seems a little strange that I can run some gtk2 apps but not
this one.

is your app multi threaded? over a remote connection the main thing that
would change would be timing. if you're accessing the gui components
from more than one thread it could work out fine if it's all on one
machine, but have issues when there's 100ms+ delay.

otherwise the chances of the problem being Gtk2-Perl's are pretty slim.
the most likely culprits are: something your app is doing, gdk/gtk,
and/or X.

-rm