Re: gnome2 applets

* Christian Borup <borup borup com>:

I'm still working on it, but there are some problems, and right now I've
also got to work on my semester's final exams.

Are you working on bindings?

Sort of (right now, time is a factor).

I took a brief look yesterday, and binding libpanelapplet does indeed
seem possible, even without binding Bonobo.

You are perfectly right.

The only problem spots are the 3 methods that return Bonobo objects
(->get_control and friends). Those should just not be bound, until we
get the full Bonobo bindings.

Again, right.  On my local tree, I've marked them as "TODO".

And the menu handling code, which use BonoboVerb's but that should be
reasonably easy...

Yep.  Stealing^WUsing some code from the gnome-panel source, I've
already implemented both the setup_menu and the setup_menu_from_file
methods.

The binding compiles fine, but when I launch an applet, it dies with no
error; unfortunately, I do not know how to trace it, since it all
happens inside bonobo... I came to the conclusion that the main
callback, that is called by gnome-panel, and which fills the application
is never called.

+++

I've attached a preliminary version of the Gnome2::Panel[1] binding.

+++

[1] Gnome2::Panel is a placeholder name; Gnome2::Applet could be
better...

Regards,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi (Zefram)                 [ http://www.emmanuelebassi.net ]
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 4DD0 C90D 4070 F071 5738  08BD 8ECC DB8F A432 0FF4