Re: Gtk2-Perl API documentation project

On Thursday, January 15, 2004, at 10:00 PM, Mauricio Silveira wrote:

muppet wrote:

but i think we can do this, and do it well enough that we could use it on any of the add-on projects, too (Gnome2, Gnome2::Canvas, Gnome2::Print, etc, etc).

I think yes, there SHOULD be a documentation project for GTK2-perl.

er, wow. is this a very late reply or a message that has been held up in the admin queue for a couple of months?

much progress has been made on this front since this thread took place. Glib::ParseXSDoc and Glib::GenPod are the module versions of the scripts i originally posted, and they are used to generated reference docs for most of the modules we have.

we're far from finished, though --- the documentation is still only skeletal. very few pages and functions have any hand-written descriptions, so any and all are welcome to submit patches.

2.) There must be a separate pod file for Objects, Flags, enums such as Gtk1-perl had!

Gtk2::enums lists enums, but the signals and properties for each object are listed in the separate page for each object.

3.) There should probably be a "complete reference guide" pod file with only the "SYNOPSIS" from all the .xs files and the whole Gtk2-objects.

4.) Making it short: there must be a rule of "how GTK2-perl documentation works", so that people who wish to contribute with the documentation project may help with it.

we're open to submissions of such documents.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>