Re: Known issues about SpinButtons?

Well I managed to find what this was after so long...

i had added in a line to update the gtk events:

while (Gtk2->events_pending()) {Gtk2->main_iteration()}

in a sub called a lot via callbacks. The subroutine itself is used to push a
message into a status bar. Without this update, it does not do it hardly ever. I
can see how this would relate to the widget visibly scrolling back down to 1 as
each even is looped, but why should this happen in the first place? Sounds like
a duffer in gtk2 somewhere.

is anyone aware of a way to visibly update a status bar while a long
open("something |") call is running without using this approach? i'd be very
grateful for any ideas.

Cheers

Chris