Known issues about SpinButtons?

Hi,

As ever i'm battling with gtk (gtk2-perl of course) and have come unstuck.

I have a SpinButton that i'm using in my UI but it's just not acting correctly.
it ranges between 1 and 10, and after none to a few uses it starts acting
totally erratic. Press up once and it might jump 4 intervals, and then visibly
count back down to 1 within less than a second. At no point in my code do i ever
set, or otherwise screw with, the value on the spin button, and i'ev been going
over my code for so long today. disabling various subroutines and such reduces
the occurences, but it does still happen very occasionally when the entire
callback is commented out - after bashing the up and down controls for a fair
while...

This doesn't happen on the previous version of my code, but i'm so sure that
commenting out what i have done is disabling anything vaguley relevant... I know
it sounds like it's my fault, but i'm lost! If anyone has experienced anything
similar or could suggest something, i'd be so so grateful.

Cheers

Chris