Re: Glib-1.071/t/c.t fails under Test::More 0.53

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 22:57, Alexey Tourbin wrote:
Hello,

I noticed that t/c.t fails under recent Test::More version from CPAN:

i can confirm this.

$ perl t/c.t
1..13
[...]
ok 11 - enum property, after set
not ok 12 - flags property
#     Failed test (t/c.t at line 139)
ok 13 - flags property, after set
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 13.
$

This is apparently because Test::More::eq_array() was reworked
and got more strict.  I believe it's right time to address this issue
because next Perl release is likely to have a newer Test::More version
(perl-5.8.6 has 0.47).

the only reference to eq_array changing in the Test::Simple changelog
has to do with holding on to old references and preventing them from
being DESTROY'd.

Details: eq_array() calls _deep_check() on each pair of elements.
_deep_check used to test ($e1 eq $e2) in the first place and return
true if so, until recently.  Now _deep_check drops stringification
overload in the first place (with Test::Builder::_unoverload()) and
tests that both elements are references or both not.

So eq_array ([$obj->get ('some_flags')], ['value-one']) no more holds.

that being said there are more problems. when i try to test Gtk2 with
the newest Test::Simple lots of things fail (one of many):

variable is not of type Gtk2::Gdk::Atom at
/home/rmcfarla/local/lib/perl5//5.8.3/Test/More.pm line 1149.

if they're including this with newer perl's then i suspect there will be
lots of people with problems. we probably have one of the largest tests
suites around, but by no mean is it that unique.

--
-rm
http://www.neces.com/