Re: Gnome2::enums

On Aug 23, 2004, at 3:11 AM, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:

I've attached a hand crafted Gnome2::enums.pod, so far it has the following described:

ouch! sorry you did all that by hand... Gtk2 uses a tool to do it. the tool is not installed in such a way as to be shared; it's in (in cvs terms) /gtk2-perl-xs/Gtk2/tools/podifyenums.pl ... you call it like this:

perl -MModule::To::Load podifyenums.pl Module::To::Document file_to_read

Module::To::Load and Module::To::Document are usually the same, and file_to_read should be a "maps" file, like the ones used for Gtk2::CodeGen. for Gnome2, you'd do

  # in the Gnome2 source dir:
perl -Mblib -MGnome2 /path/to/Gtk2/tools/podifyenums.pl Gnome2 maps > enums.pod

the Makefile.PL in Gtk2 contains a make rule to trigger this. for true portability we'd probably have to copy the tool into Gnome2.

--
How come hair colors for women take an hour, but "wash out the gray" stuff for men only five minutes? This is so unfair!
    -- Elysse, complaining about commercials