Re: Win bindings for 2.4.3?

On Aug 7, 2004, at 6:38 PM, John McDermott wrote:

Thanks. I will try the new bindings from June. When I try to run formerly
working bindings I get the error:
"This application has failed to start because libobject-2.0-0.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

It sounds like the DLL is gone and the install cannot use the new one.

interesting. the whole point of dll compatibility is that you're supposed to be able to upgrade without breaking things... i guess that's another thing windows just doesn't get right. :-)

what happens if you copy the new dll to the old name? (i presume this was the naming magic you mentioned earlier...)

as for why the bindings want that particular dll file... i don't know. between pkg-config and perl's own linker magic, i can't venture more than a guess.

--
Jolt is my co-pilot.
  -- Slogan on a giant paper airplane hung in Lobby 7 at MIT.