Re: Win bindings for 2.4.3?

On Aug 7, 2004, at 1:38 PM, John McDermott wrote:

I just upgraded my Windows Gimp to 2.0.3. That replaced my Gtk2 dlls with 2.4.3 ones (I did save the old ones). I could probably play some naming magic, but I wondered if there were Gtk2-Perl bindings for 2.4.3, yet, so I can get rid of the old stuff.

gtk+-2.4 is supposed to be binary compatible with 2.2 and 2.0, so you *should* be able to use the same bindings with the new gtk+ -- you just won't get support for the new widgets.

the last i heard, arnold putz had created a set of win32 binaries for Gtk2-1.043; i don't know which gtk+ he used, but i imagine it was 2.4.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2004-June/msg00182.html

--
"Ghostbusters" is the best movie of this decade.
  -- Neal, circa 1996, referring to a movie released in 1984.