Re: Database interaction

On Monday, April 26, 2004, at 06:20 PM, Daniel Kasak wrote:

Am I correct in assuming that there are no data-aware objects that I can simply 'bind' to a recordset? I have to do all fetching of data, filling in fields, and handling updates myself, right? Has anyone made a start on an object that you could drop onto a window that would handle DB interaction?

Someone pointed to Gnome-DB and libgda a few days ago, but so far as i know there are no gtk2-perl bindings for them.

http://www.gnome-db.org/

Of course, it looks like a fair amount of duplication of what DBI already does...

--
"it's hard to be eventful when you have this much style."
   - me, rationalizing yet another night of sitting at home.