Re: Database interaction

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 18:20, Daniel Kasak wrote:
Hi all.

I'm very pleased to say that I've actually been making some real
progress this time ( 3rd time lucky ) with Perl & GTK2.
I can create a window in glade, and use Gtk2::GladeXML to get Perl to
display the window.
I can read values from fields and also trigger Perl code from GTK2
signals.

Next on the agenda is database interaction.
Am I correct in assuming that there are no data-aware objects that I
can simply 'bind' to a recordset?
I have to do all fetching of data, filling in fields, and handling
updates myself, right?
Has anyone made a start on an object that you could drop onto a window
that would handle DB interaction?

i think there are some gnome projects with that intention, but i don't
know anything about them, and they aren't, so far as i know, bound to
perl.

it wouldn't be hard to create perl modules to do things like this with
DBI if anyone is interested in a project idea. i've got enough things on
my plate at the moment.

later,
-rm