Re: rows-reordered signal not emitted

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:57:15 -0400 (EDT), muppet said:

[...]
Rather than use the TreeModel as a synchronized copy of another model (the
database), why not create a custom TreeModel which merely proxies the
TreeModel interface to the database?  It's more work up front, but it sounds
like it would alleviate a lot of your problems.

That really sounds like a lot of work, apart from the problem that I've
absolutely no idea how to create a custom TreeModel.

(i'm assuming that the ordering is an inherent part of your data.  if it's
not, you may consider abstracting it out. ;-)

Well, my names are the foldernames of an email programm and I need a
possibility to reorder the folders.

Can I perhaps solve my problem with the "normal" dnd functions drag_*?
Though I have to admit that the whole drag and drop handling handling is
still alien to me.

I've got the impression that the best thing to do would be to save the
whole tree again when closing the application.

Ciao
Florian