Re: rows-reordered signal not emitted

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 09:57:15 -0400, muppet wrote:

Florian Schaefer said:
I've got a Tree with basically just names in it. The relationships
between those names are stored in a database. What I need to do: If the
user drags a name around, I need to update my database accordingly.

Rather than use the TreeModel as a synchronized copy of another model (the
database), why not create a custom TreeModel which merely proxies the
TreeModel interface to the database?  It's more work up front, but it sounds
like it would alleviate a lot of your problems.

There is the GnomeDb project, that should have them. There is a perl
binding for the underlaying GDA library (that provides database
abstraction), but no binding for the GnomeDb, that has the widgets.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>