Re: rows-reordered signal not emitted

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:26:06 +0200, Torsten Schoenfeld said:

[...]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2003-September/msg00197.html

Thanks for the pointer. At least I do know now what doesn't work.
Of course, this doesn't help me with my problem.

I've got a Tree with basically just names in it. The relationships
between those names are stored in a database. What I need to do: If the
user drags a name around, I need to update my database accordingly.

As rows-reordered is out now, I tried to catch the "row-inserted" signal
first, remember the path, and then catch the "row-deleted" signal.
However, during the subroutines I cannot make proper use of the path
information as they point to names that have already moved and I even
managed to reproducible kill perl (5.8.3) with a segfault while I tried
to retrieve data from my model. The TreeStore seems to be in a very
touchy state during dnd operations.

So: Do you have an idea how I can learn which name has been moved where?
What's the point in dragging a row around if I cannot retrieve that
information?

Ciao
Florian