Re: Gnome2-Canvas 1.00 on fire

Cory C. Omand said:
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 11:06, Ross McFarland wrote:

you win the award for best email subject line for the week.

Are there cash prizes? :)

nope, the sense of satisfaction should be reward enough.

the most likely (a possible) problem is that you need an updated
ExtUtils::Depends (and ExtUtils::PkgConfig wouldn't hurt) depends had some
non-backwards compatible changes, and older versions don't have a mechinism
for checking the version requirements so this has been a popular problem. if
this is the case most of the errors would of been typemap realted. i don't
recognize the specific error messages you attached, but that's my best
guess.
rule it out and we'll move on to other possibilities.

I have the following versions installed:

ExtUtils::Depends 0.202
ExtUtils::PkgConfig 1.03

that's not it then.

so you're going from 0.34 to 1.00? there were several 0.9x versions in
between, had you tried any of those in the past? not much has changed since
the 0.9x versions, but things have since 0.34. can you still compile the old
stuff (assuming you have it around) which would help rule out something else
on your system changing.

-rm