Re: Gnome2-Canvas 1.00 on fire

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 11:36, Ross McFarland wrote:
I have the following versions installed:

ExtUtils::Depends 0.202
ExtUtils::PkgConfig 1.03

that's not it then.

so you're going from 0.34 to 1.00? there were several 0.9x versions in
between, had you tried any of those in the past? not much has changed since
the 0.9x versions, but things have since 0.34. can you still compile the old
stuff (assuming you have it around) which would help rule out something else
on your system changing.

Ok, so I tried to compile Canvas 0.34 using the latest Glib/Gtk2 modules
I have installed, but it fails the same way 1.00 does, so I guess the
problem isn't with Gnome2-Canvas.

Nothing else on the build host has changed except for Gtk2-Perl module
versions -- but both Glib and Gtk2 compiled and tested more or less OK
(Glib had no test failures, and Gtk2 had a couple of issues with
GtkFontSelection, GtkProgressBar, and GtkTooltips tests).  My build
system starts from scratch each time, deleting everything from the
install directory, so there isn't any chance of an old version of some
module or tool from a previous build causing issues.

The old versions I compiled with:

Glib 1.022
Gtk2 1.021
Gnome2 0.90
Gnome2-VFS 0.10
Gnome2-Canvas 0.34

I didn't compile any later versions, as there were no updates on CPAN
for these until the middle of March (I guess I should go to the
sourceforge site more often :) ).

- C.

 Cory C. Omand - Operations Engineering
 Sun Microsystems, Newark CA            Office:510.315.5959