Re: Question about Treeview/SimpleList

Jaap Karssenberg said:
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:04:51 -0400 (EDT) muppet wrote:
: > An other strange error appeared when I by tried to use ctype
: > 'string':
: >   unknown column type string, use one of scalar, double, bool, int,
: >                       ^^^^^^
: >   text, string, hidden, pixbuf at test.pl line 35
: >         ^^^^^^
:
: eh?  i don't see a column type named string in the %column_types array
: in SimpleList.pm, so that error message shouldn't include that.  does
: your file have something different?

My guess is auto-vivification, if I try to use ctype 'foobar' it lists
'foobar' as possible type in the error message :)

ouch!  you're very right.

     my $type = $column_types{$_[$i+1]}{type};
     croak "unknown column type $_[$i+1], use one of "
          . join (", ", keys %column_types)
             unless defined $type;

bad muppet, no biscuit.  that should guard against bad types with exists
instead of just grabbing.  fix will be in cvs soon.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>