Re: Clipboard access....

Bruno Tavares said:
well, after compiling rc3 the clipboard errors disappeared.
The problem is, i use $clipboard->set_text("some_text") and nothing
happens to clipboard.
Im setting text for SELECTION_PRIMARY and SELECTION_CLIPBOARD as
suggested in the C documentation.

Any idea?

um...  you may simply be doing something wrong somewhere else.  this stuff is
kinda odd.

on line 29 of t/27.GtkClipboard.t [1] i call $clipboard->set_text
($expected);, and on line 31 i call $clipboard->wait_for_text and retrieve
exactly the same thing that i set.  so, it works for me.  while testing i even
saw the primary selection in my vim window go from solid gray to underlined
black, meaning some other app (my test) claimed the primary selection.

try calling set_text on SELECTION_PRIMARY and then just sitting in a main
loop, then in another app altogether attempt to paste something.  i'm not in a
place where i can test that at the moment.

[1]
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/gtk2-perl/gtk2-perl-xs/Gtk2/t/27.GtkClipboard.t?rev=1.1

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>