Re: can't display chinese in the text box??

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 20:56, sysa vipci com wrote:
in this demoïi can't input chinese in the popup windows's text box?

What input method (see the right-button-menu over the Entry widget
under "Input Methods") did you use to enter chinese characters?
I could enter chinese using "uim-py". I also tried xcin (using
"X Input Method") and could at least switch to xcin (using Ctrl-space).
But the characters entered either using uim or xcin
didn't show correctly in the Entry box - each single chinese character
produced several accented latin chacracters.
This behaviour differs from that of an Entry box in
Gtk's test program gtk-demo using the same setup (where characters
show up correctly), so there's something wrong with gtk-perl here.

Cheers, Roderich