Re: ComboBox signals

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 14:07, Ross McFarland wrote:
David Sword said:
Thanks - I didn't think that would work because there will be several
hundred items to choose from - will optionmenu handle that ok?

it's obviously your program, but having hundreds of items in any type of
drop-down menu is not really a good thing from a useability standpoint. that's

The application is used to maintain product information - the product to
maintain is selected from a list of codes and descriptions in the
combobox, and when selected, the details are popped onto the screen
ready to edit - it didn't really strike me as a menu, so I didn't think
of using an optionmenu at first.  I could do it with a scrolled list,
but I don't want to give up huge amounts of space to it, so the ability
of the combobox to pop down a scrolled list of items to select from was
the reason I went with it in the first place.
Is there a way to get similar functionality without the combobox?

only my opinions.
-rm
And gratefully received!

--