Re: missing prototype for pango_context_new?

muppet wrote:

Bjarne Steinsbø quoted:
This function is only useful when implementing a new backend for Pango,
something applications won't do. You should use the context creation
function for the backend you are using, for example,

i take it this means we actually should not provide Gtk2::Pango::Context->new ?

You tell me! I'm definitely not an expert on this, I just found a relevant piece of information. I had never heard of a pango context until I spent a few minutes trying to trace this one down.

In the include-file for pango-context.h, the C-function is protected by PANGO_ENABLE_BACKEND, so even from C you would have to define yourself to be a backend-developer to see the prototype.

I would believe that the correct thing would be to just drop it, but I have not looked into to what degree this function is used within gtk2-perl, and I haven't even checked if the listed alternatives are mapped to perl (but I assume they are).

Bjarne

BTW:  There are also some warnings in the new stuff for the entry signal:

GtkEditable.xs: In function `gtk2perl_editable_insert_text_marshal':
GtkEditable.xs:120: warning: passing arg 1 of `g_value_set_string' discards qualifiers from pointer target type GtkEditable.xs:121: warning: passing arg 1 of `g_value_set_int' discards qualifiers from pointer target type GtkEditable.xs:129: warning: passing arg 1 of `g_value_set_string' discards qualifiers from pointer target type GtkEditable.xs:130: warning: passing arg 1 of `g_value_set_int' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

It doesn't look serious to me, but then I happily ignored the pango_context_new warning also, until Marc brough it up....