Re: Newbie ? - fail on Gtk2-1.00

Levi Kilcher said:
So if I 'export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig/'
then 'pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --modversion'
I get:

"Package pangoxft was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pangoxft.pc'
Package 'pangoxft', required by 'GDK', not found"

And this file 'pangoxft.pc' does not exist on my system.

that'd be it, then --- you need to install the dev packages for pango and all
of its dependencies.  pkg-config looks through all of the dependencies in each
.pc file so it can remove duplicate items in cflags and libs, so it will barf
if you don't have everything it wants.

Is this a problem with my gtk+-2.0 installation (perhaps that I may have
two of them) or something with pkg-config?

somehow you wound up with gtk+ and glib's development packages installed but
not some of their dependencies.  this sounds like you forced a package
installation (rpm or deb), or possibly the dependencies on the packages were
not complete.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>