Re: gtk2-perl: moving on by standardizing our code

Goran Thyni wrote:
[snip]

maybe I am too extreme but I don't think any code style rules should be
used at all. To get contributions the hurdles should be as low as possible
and a style guide is an unnecassary hurdle.

[snip]

The insinct for letting people write code the way the prefer is highly admirable but when we are talking about library code that everyone's apps depend on, I do think basic standards need to be established and adhered to.

Probably the easiest way is through emacs and vim mode lines (I think vim respects emacs style mode lines so there may only need to be the one type).

However, an alternative might be to create some sort of source code filter that will try and impose the desired style on people's submitted patches.

I can't really contribute more to this discussion because I will be more a user of these classes than a contributor but I still vote for consistency of style because it will make debuging and future development much easier.

--
In Reach Technology:    http://inreachtech.net/

Robert G. Werner
robert inreachtech net