Gtk2::Gdk::Atom questions

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the use of Gtk2::Gdk::Atoms in the
gtk2 xs bindings.

Right now there is isn't much you can do with a Gtk2::Gdk::Atom.
Shouldn't there be a new($name) method that calls gdk_intern_atom, and a
name() method to return the name.  Maybe also a id() method to return
the numeric value.

Gtk2 defines a series of standard atoms for various data types, and
these are not available in gtk2-perl-xs.

Right now it is not possible to compare two atoms to see if they are the
same, much less to see what a given atom represents.  Until now I have
used Data::Dumper to print them (it shows the numeric value) and them
xlsatoms(1) to find out what it is.

I'm rather blank when it comes to XS code, but I an see the basic type
is defined, but there are no methods.

I stumbled over this when working with dnd callbacks where there are
several possible types of data in play.  The types are given by Atoms,
but I cannot even compare two to see if they are the same.

--
René Seindal (rene seindal dk)                  http://sights.seindal.dk/